Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Baking

Two days before Christmas seems like the best time to bake holiday goodies. Today I made some peppermint bark and a chocolate peppermint cake. I just love the taste of mint and choloate together.
I love peppermint bark. I just can't pay $10 for a pound when I can make it myself. I usually make a batch usuing vanilla bark and a second batch with milk chocolate. It is great to take to holiday events, and my bowl is usually empty when it's time to go.

My chocolate peppermint cake turned out perfect. I make a devil's food chocolate cake from the box (or sometimes scratch), let cool and add the icing. I use a jar of white icing, add two crushed-up candy canes and a teaspoon or two of peppermint extract. To complete the cake, I add more crushed-up candy cane to the top for decoration. It's so easy!






I ate one piece, but as you can see, it was a big one! Yummy.

No comments: