Monday, December 7, 2009

Take 2

I have been away from blogging for too long. I love to blog but lately I just haven't had time. Here's my second attempt to keep this up and running. I thought I would go old school today and share a good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie recipe. This recipe comes from the Kitchen Aid instruction booklet that came with my mixer.

Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

*I use mini chocolate chips. I also add 3 cubes of chopped white almond bark.



Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in bowl. Mix on low for 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Mix on medium for another 30 seconds. Scrape bowl.


Mixing on low, gradually add baking soda, salt, and flour to sugar mixture. Mix on low for 2 minutes. Scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips and almond bark. Mix on low 30 seconds.



Drop by small spoonfulls onto greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wax paper.


1 comment:

Camillia said...

Looks yummy, sounds yummy...can't wait to taste them!!!